The Empty Stocking Fund is reminding families to turn their applications in by next Monday.
The fundraiser is holding its 107th telethon later this month to raise money for kids in need.
In previous years, the fund has helped over 2,000 children, but Coordinator Patti Blake says they’ve only received 1,000 applicants so far.
“I’m concerned that there may be people in need that just missed the application. Monday is the deadline, but many churches and agencies are not open on Monday, so I would strongly encourage that people get out and register their children by this coming Friday,” she said.
Blake says funds raised by the telethon get divided up between each child to provide gifts.
“These are children that are one year of age or older, or 12 and under,” she explained.
Blake says last year alone they raised over $180,000.
“I’m looking to both have the generosity of Saint John once again supporting us at the telethon, but also for those who definitely are struggling this Christmas, to make sure that they realize that they really should get in and register,” she said.
Application forms can be found online.
Blake also reminds people that auditions to be a part of the telethon are being held at Saint John High School this weekend.
The telethon will be held on November 23rd from 12 to 8 p.m.




