Skip to content

Province To Stop Reporting COVID Cases In Schools

New Brunswickers will no longer know about the number of COVID-19 cases in schools once students return from March break.

As Public Health measures come to an end later in the month, so will the reporting of COVID-19 cases in schools.

The Department of Education and Early Childhood Development said families and school staff will stop self-reporting cases on March 14 — the same day all remaining COVID-19 measures are set to be lifted.

“Due to the March break, information on cases in schools will no longer be updated beginning March 7,” said a note on the department’s website.

School districts across the province currently report schools impacted by COVID-19 cases every weekday.

As of Thursday, a total of 12,395 cases had been reported in 291 schools this school year — an average of 42 cases per school.

  • Brad Perry is an award-winning news anchor and reporter and a 2013 graduate of the NBCC journalism program. Based in New Brunswick, he is also the assistant national news director for Acadia Broadcasting. Contact Brad at perry.brad@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
Saint John, CA
weather icon 28°C
L: 28° H: 28°

What’s Trending