Skip to content

The Y Is Preparing For A Second Influx Of Syrians Into Saint John

All the Syrian adults who arrived late last year and earlier this year have been placed in language programs in Saint John.

The Regional Y President and CEO Shilo Boucher tells CHSJ News thinks the transition for the Syrian newcomers has gone well.

Boucher says Anglophone South School District did an amazing job looking after the Syrian kids and even this summer they are providing a program for youth over the age of 12 to get ready for the new school year in September.

Boucher says they are preparing now for the secondary migration where the Syrians in Saint John want to bring the rest of their family members here.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 20, 2026
weather icon 18°C
L: 18° H: 18°

What’s Trending