The healing can officially begin for the employees and customers of six Saint John banks robbed by one man over a six month period.
Provincial Court Judge Andrew Palmer has handed 56 year old Michael David Graham of Carleton Street a sentence of 12 years in prison for six armed bank robberies.
Judge Palmer imposes a sentence of 12 years. Graham leaves the courtroom.
— Tamara Steele (@tamarasteele1) May 10, 2017
Early last month, Graham pleaded guilty to all six armed bank robberies that occurred all over the city between October 2016 and March of this year.
The prosecution called that move a mitigating factor in sentencing as the victims are now spared the ordeal of testifying in a trial.
The prosecution says these robberies created a culture of fear in Saint John.
— Tamara Steele (@tamarasteele1) May 10, 2017
Two bank employees detailed in victim impact statements how their lives have been changed by the robberies.
A bank employee is reading her victim impact statement. She says her confidence has been shattered. Her sleep has been affected.
— Tamara Steele (@tamarasteele1) May 10, 2017
One woman said her confidence is shattered and she has trouble sleeping and another woman said has nightmares and sees his face.
Another woman is speaking. She says her life changed when Michael Graham came in to her office with a gun.
— Tamara Steele (@tamarasteele1) May 10, 2017
Graham addressed the court briefly saying “I don’t have enough words to express how sorry I am”.




