Skip to content

Homeless Organisations Get Funding Boosts

100 Women Who Care filling the Lily Lake Pavilion and voting to give the soon to be opened Safe Harbour transitional housing for young people on Broad Street, 24 thousand dollars.

Residential Director Lindsay Gallagher says right now there’s really no place for young people who are homeless to go.

Gallagher estimates there are about 100 young people who are homeless in the city at any given time. She says they survive by couch surfing or having to stay in unsafe place where sometimes they have to do some pretty degrading things or find themselves out on the street again.

Gallagher says they should be opening up in February and the programming will include teaching the young people basic skills like cooking for oneself and doing the laundry so they can eventually become independent.

100 Men who care getting out their chequebooks out as well to help out Outflow Ministries with 10 thousand dollars. Outflow’s Jayme Hall says they try to feed the city’s poor, provide dental care to people who need it and run a homeless shelter for a dozen men.

Hall says they started in 2007 as a Christian Ministry and have been growing every since.

The $10,000 donation is considered pretty significant given Outflow’s operating budget was $70,000 last year and all of that money will stay in Saint John.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 19, 2026
weather icon 17°C
L: 17° H: 17°

What’s Trending