Skip to content

Evidence ‘Does Not Support’ Alleged Sexual Assault: Police

The Saint John Police Force says no criminal charges will be laid in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a woman earlier this year.

Police say they received a complaint in late September that a sex worker was thrown into the back of a vehicle, driven to a secluded area and sexually assaulted.

Investigators released a description of the alleged suspect and the vehicle he may have been driving on Oct. 8.

At the time, police said the incident appeared to be targeted toward women who are engaged in street work and that they were working with local agencies and women in the Waterloo Street area.

On Wednesday, investigators said they located the alleged suspect and collected statements, financial records, and video surveillance as part of their investigation.

“Evidence collected does not support the details of the allegation,” police said in a news release.

As a result, police said no criminal charges will be laid in the case.

  • Brad Perry is an award-winning news anchor and reporter and a 2013 graduate of the NBCC journalism program. Based in New Brunswick, he is also the assistant national news director for Acadia Broadcasting. Contact Brad at perry.brad@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 18, 2026
weather icon 15°C
L: 15° H: 15°

What’s Trending