Skip to content

N.B. Woman Wins $1M After Playing Lotto 6/49 Since 1982

A woman who has played Lotto 6/49 every week since the lottery began in 1982 has claimed a one million dollar prize from the May 15th draw.

Gale Hines of Fredericton already knew she was a winner when she validated her ticket at the Regent Mall on May 16th.

Hines said the Atlantic Lottery retailer already knew a one million dollar prize had been sold in Fredericton but was surprised to find out it was her.

A retired veterinary pathologist, Hines says she has no big plans with the winnings except for a new car but expects she’ll keep driving her cherished 46-year-old Plymouth Satellite Sebring.

Hines says it’s still debatable because she doesn’t like “all the gadgets” on new cars.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 19, 2026
weather icon 12°C
L: 12° H: 12°

What’s Trending