Skip to content

Zombies To Take Over Uptown Sidewalks

Do not be surprised to see dozens of zombies sauntering through uptown Saint John this weekend.

The 12th annual Saint John Zombie Walk will be taking place along King Street on Saturday afternoon.

Crystal Scott is one of three people who decided to help organize the event for the undead this year.

“The zombie walk has been going on for years and lately there hasn’t been really one organizer for it,” said Scott.

“This year, I noticed no one was really taking on the task so me and two other ladies decided to take it on.”

Scott said the support they have received has been amazing so far, with more than 100 people expressing interest in taking part.

Just like humans, zombies will have to take a number of precautions amidst the COVID-19 pandemic to keep one another safe.

“Bring a mask, everybody needs to follow social distancing. The other girls and I are planning on writing everyone’s name and number down for contact tracing,” said Scott.

Participants will meet at the Market Square Boardwalk at 4 p.m. and venture up King Street to the Loyalist Burial Grounds starting at 4:30 p.m.

Scott also encouraged those taking part to bring along non-perishable food items or money for Romero House.

You can find more details through the Saint John Zombie Walk Facebook page.

  • Brad Perry is an award-winning news anchor and reporter and a 2013 graduate of the NBCC journalism program. Based in New Brunswick, he is also the assistant national news director for Acadia Broadcasting. Contact Brad at perry.brad@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 20, 2026
weather icon 9°C
L: 9° H: 9°

What’s Trending