The President and CEO of NB Power Gaetan Thomas describes the ice storm on the Acadian Peninsula as the worst in over 50 years.
He says it is not only a struggle for customers who are without electricity, NB Power workers are also dealing with some unique situations..in making repairs, “Some of the solutions have to be pretty creative. If you look at the poles, I sometimes come out of there wondering, how can they fix that.It’s incredible, and every corner is unique. Some are broken very awkwardly. I saw a worker with a cut to his nose, and it was from the ice. They have to watch that the ice does not fall on them.”
Between 350 to 400 hydro poles have to be replaced.
Visit our Flickr page to see latest photos of the ongoing restoration efforts across #NewBrunswick: https://t.co/8Y99uVz3Yr #icestorm2017 pic.twitter.com/V8r5gBllJu
— NB Power (@NB_Power) January 29, 2017
Thomas says everyone has to be working together, and so far this has been a true collaboration between the New Brunswick emergency measures organization, NB Power and the people of the province.




