Skip to content

New Deal For Horse Racing In Saint John

Horse racing will continue in Saint John for at least the next three years.

A new deal has been reached between Horse Racing New Brunswick and the Saint John Exhibition.

It is being described as wonderful news by the president of Horse Racing New Brunswick.

In a statement, Brock McEachern said the stability in the three-year lease will allow them to focus on growing and improving horse racing as a sport in the province.

McEachern said the two groups had been negotiating on a yearly basis, which meant they were always waiting to see what happens next.

There are 17 race days currently scheduled in Saint John for the upcoming year.

Story by Brad Perry
Twitter: @BradMPerry
Email: perry.brad@radioabl.ca

  • Brad Perry is an award-winning news anchor and reporter and a 2013 graduate of the NBCC journalism program. Based in New Brunswick, he is also the assistant national news director for Acadia Broadcasting. Contact Brad at perry.brad@radioabl.ca.

    View all posts

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 19, 2026
weather icon 11°C
L: 11° H: 11°

What’s Trending