Skip to content

With the Emergency Over, Snow Removal Efforts Shift To Other Areas

Over 9000 truckloads of snow have been removed from the Southern Peninsul during a 5 day no parking ban.

Fire Chief Kevin Clifford says the state of emergency allowed them to access more resources to assist in the snow removal effort.

He says the benefit of making the declaration is that people understood the urgency and they are grateful for that.

Tim O’Reilly of the City says the snow removal effort is now focued on the Waterloo Village, the Old North end and last night, crews moved into the lower west side.

Those people in the South-Central Peninsula who had been parking at the Lower Cove Terminal are being asked by the Port to have their vehicles out of there by 5:00 this afternoon.

As we look ahead, the long range weather forecasts are calling for more snow on Friday and Sunday night into Monday.

Do you have a news tip?

Submit to NBNews@radioabl.ca.

loader-image
May 20, 2026
weather icon 11°C
L: 11° H: 11°

What’s Trending